Søg
News
Menu

Petersen Tegl 1950.

“The brickyards all had their own piers for the ships carrying the bricks. On our side of the bay the waters were shallow. The factories then had to extend their piers to reach 9 feet of water. The bricks were moved out to the boats on narrow rail carriages and loaded onboard by hand, the workers throwing three bricks at a time between each other. The small bright building next to the rows of drying sheds now serves at the company headquarters. It was built 1929 as a workshop."

Christian A. Petersen, 7th generation of the Petersen family